This one-day intensive instructor-led workshop is designed to introduce the need for Service Management, its components and the benefits that can accrue from its implementation. This will enable an understanding of the impact SLAs and Service Management can make on customer satisfaction and on the return on IT investment.
The workshop consists of formal lecturing, discussions and exercises. There will also be an opportunity for questions and answers
< Click here to go directly to Course Outline Details
Delegates will learn how to:
- Appreciate the concepts of Service Management: a controlled and disciplined approach to the support and delivery of quality IT services.
- Interpret the contents of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), the de facto standard for Service Management.
- Appreciate the crucial role SLAs play in ensuring both the customer and supplier understand an organisations business and IT requirements.
- Justify ITIL as the framework for effective Service Management.
Introduction to Service Management
- What? & Why?
- Todays IT environment and issues
- How to get more value out of IT
- Service Management as a framework to close the gap between IT & business
- Customer focus
The 11 ITIL disciplines
- Service Support:
- Service Desk
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Configuration Management
- Change Management
- Release Management
- Service Delivery:
- Capacity Management
- Financial Management for IT services
- Availability Management
- Service Level Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Key principles
- Assessment: benefits & problems
- Success ingredients
- Hints for successful implementation of Service Management