Prince2 Conversion Course - Typical Course Outline
(Course Outline may vary slightly from Training Provider to Training Provider)
Who is this Course Intended For ?
This workshop is designed for delegates who have already passed the Foundation exam and now want to gain the Practitioners' certificate.
The course covers the PRINCE2 method building on Foundation knowledge and progressing to Practitioner Level including taking the Practitioner examination
Delegates should have passed the PRINCE2 Foundation examination within the last 12 months. Delegates will require a copy of the current PRINCE2 manual which can be ordered when booking the course.
Attendance on this workshop will enable delegates to:
- Develop their understanding of the PRINCE2 Components, Processes, Products and Techniques
- Have the confidence and competence to practice the method in a live project environment
- Develop their skills and prepare delegates to attain success in the PRINCE2 Practitioner examination.
The course will be delivered using a mixture of trainer-led discussion using slides and sample exam questions as a vehicle for confirming understanding and practical application of the elements of the PRINCE2 method. Thiswill be supplemented by exercises to consolidate the knowledge gained.
On each evening there will be homework – delegates are asked to answer sample Practitioner questions (approx. 1 hour per evening minimum). The Practitioner Exam is taken on the last day
- PRINCE2 Basic Concepts
- Using PRINCE2 - Detailed coverage of each Process, Component and Technique including:
- Controlled start, progress, closure of projects
- The Business Case
- Project Organisation Structure
- PRINCE2 controls
- Management of Risk
- Quality in a Project Environment
- Configuration Management
- Change Control Approach
- Product Based Planning
- Comprehensive walkthrough of the major PRINCE2 processes and products when running a project
- Preparation for and completion of the PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam
Typical Course Format
- Overview and Case Study
- Exam Practice
- Examination and Debrief
- Examination and Registration Fees
- Pre-course instructions and essential pre-course reading