M_o_R Foundation is an OGC/APMG accredited 3-day, non-residential course which provides you with a basic understanding of the Management of Risk approach, and prepares you for the Foundation exam.
During the course, we help you to apply the M_o_R framework to a simple case study. Thus, you will gain practical skills in developing and using a risk management approach and some risk management tools to handle real situations.
Class sizes are kept small to facilitate trainer-student interaction and class discussion.
The course fees include lunch, refreshments, the M_o_R manual and all other course materials
< Click here to go directly to Course Outline Details
Next available Non-Residential courses:-
Management of Risk
We all work for organisations whose objectives, internal structure, and operating environment are continually evolving. As a result, the risks our organisation faces are continually changing. Therefore, to effectively control our organisation, we need to thoroughly and regularly evaluate the nature and extent of the risks to which our organisation is exposed. Successful risk-taking in the commercial sector is partly rewarded with higher profits and/or shareholder value. If we are effective in our risk-taking in the public sector, we will deliver our services more cost-effectively.
- Is the UK Government Best Practice standard for effective Risk Management
- Meets the corporate governance requirement upon every organisation of having in place a sound system of internal control to help manage and control risk
- Provides a model that any public or private sector organisation can follow to demonstrate to auditors that a risk management framework is in place, under constant review and applied at all levels of the organisation
What You Will Learn
Principles of Risk
Risk Management Framework
- What is Management of Risk?
- Why is Management of Risk important?
- Where do risks occur?
- Who is involved in Management of Risk?
Management of Strategic Risk
Management of Project Risk
- Management of Programme Risk
- Management of Operational Risk
Procurement and Contractual Issues:
- Stakeholder Analysis/Management
- Communications Planning
- Acquisition Lifecycle
- Risks of different procurement approaches
Risk Tools & Techniques Practice
There are no pre-requisites for delegates to attend the course.
As you will be required to spend part of your evenings reviewing those parts of the manual covered on the course, it is strongly recommended that before attending you undertake pre-course preparation using the M_o_R manual, reading guide and course Case Study. These are provided as part of the course materials and can be sent to you as soon as your payment arrangements have been finalised.
M_o_R FOUNDATION is an optional 45-minute, multiple-choice paper consisting of between 35 and 45 questions in which you must get 50% correct in order to pass. The paper is taken on the afternoon of day 3 at the end of the training and marked straight away so that you know your mark before leaving the course. The papers are sent to the APM Group for checking and certificates are raised for successful candidates.