This course prepares candidates to sit the industry leading PRINCE2 and ISEB exams. After these, candidates return to their organisations armed with all the skills needed by modern organisations to effect and control change in the IS environment.
The certificate is intended for:
- Experienced Project Managers with a broad experience of IT/IS and wish to acquire formal project management training and exposure to current techniques
- Experienced IT/IS managers who are about to take on project management responsibilities.
- Prince2 Practitioners who wish to increase their levl of project management qualification
This is a 5 day course, offered in 2 modules. For those successfully completing the ISEB written examination, a further day is required for an oral examination.
This course is designed to cover both the ISEB course syllabus and PRINCE2, leading to the ISEB examinations. Topics covered include:
- The Process of Project Management
- Managing Plans
- Managing People and other Resources
- Managing the Development and Delivery of Project Products
- Managing Quality
- Managing Change
- Managing Risk
- ISEB Exam Revision and Technique
- ISEB Written Examination
Having achieved the written examination, you will then be invited by the ISEB to attend the one hour oral examination.
This course is accredited by the British Computer Society (BCS), Information Systems Examination Board (ISEB)
ISEB conditions of eligibility requirements for candidates wishing to sit the examination are:
- adequate ability to communicate in both spoken and written English
- at least 25 years of age
- have had a minimum of 4 years' experience in either Information Systems, or in management with a broad experience of Information Technology and Information Systems
- have attended training accredited to lead to the PRINCE2 Practitioner Certificate.