The course is designed to give delegates a complete and practical introduction to project management and to prepare delegates for the 1-hour multiple choice examination, which is accredited by the APM. The syllabus focuses on breadth rather than depth and is designed to improve knowledge and awareness.
< Click here to go directly to Course Outline Details
Next available Non-Residential courses:-
What skills will the delegate gain?
This course will enable delegates to:
- Identify the project management processes
- Understand project management terminology
- Correctly identify and identify the roles involved in project management
- Describe project success criteria and success factors
- Support and contribute to a successful project outcome
- Prepare project documentation
Who will the course benefit?
The APM Introductory Certificate in Project Management is a basic or ‘entry level’ qualification and hence is particularly suitable for those who are new to the project management discipline or individuals who require recognition for their general project management knowledge and awareness. It is suitable for all levels of staff who are relatively new to project management or others who require an insight into project management and how it fits within the business context.
The Association for Project Management (APM) Introductory Certificate in Project Management - 1 hour multiple choice.
- Introduction to Programme and Project Management
- The Project Environment
- Project Success Criteria
- Project Strategy and the Project Management Plan
- Risk Management
- Quality Management
- Health Safety and Environment
- Work Content and Scope Management
- Time Scheduling / Phasing
- Resource Management
- Change Control
- Configuration Management
- The Business Case
- Life Cycle Design and Management
- Post Project Evaluation Review
- Organisational Roles
- Conflict Management