Microsoft Project 2003: Level 2 Gives you the opportunity to work with a project plan once it has entered the project implementation phase.
You will exchange project plan data with other applications, update project plans, create custom reports, and reuse project plan information.
< Click here to go directly to Course Outline Details
Next available Non-Residential courses:-
This course is designed for a person who has an understanding of project management concepts, who is responsible for creating and modifying project plans, and who needs a tool to manage those project plans. It is also intended for a person who has a basic understanding of Microsoft Project 2003.
* Students enrolling in this class should have:
- An understanding of project management concepts.
- Knowledge of a Windows operating system.
- Microsoft Project 2003: Level 1 or experience with Microsoft project
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2003 applications would also be helpful.
* Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Exchange project plan data with other applications
- Update a project plan
- Create custom reports
- Re-use existing project plan information.
* Lesson 1: Exchanging Project Plan Data with Other Applications:
- Topic 1A: Import a Task List from an Excel File into a New Project Plan
- Topic 1B: Create a Custom Import Map
- Topic 1C: Export Project Plan Cost Data into Excel
- Topic 1D: Copy a Picture into a Word Document
- Topic 1E: Save Project Plan Information as a Web Page
* Lesson 2: Updating a Project Plan:
- Topic 2A: Enter Task Progress Information
- Topic 2B: View Task Progress
- Topic 2C: Split a Task
- Topic 2D: Reschedule a Task
- Topic 2E: Filter Tasks in a Project Plan
- Topic 2F: Save an Interim Project Plan
- Topic 2G: Create a Custom Table
- Topic 2H: Add Custom Columns to a Table
- Topic 2I: Hyperlink Documents to Tasks
* Lesson 3: Creating Custom Reports:
- Topic 3A: Create a Custom Report
- Topic 3B: Modify a Custom Report's Header and Footer
- Topic 3C: Add a Picture to a Report
- Topic 3D: Modify a Custom Report's Margins
- Topic 3E: Print a Custom Report
* Lesson 4: Re-using Project Plan Information:
- Topic 4A: Create a Project Plan Template
- Topic 4B: Create a Custom Combination View
- Topic 4C: Make Custom Views Available to Other Project Plans
- Topic 4D: Share Resources
- Topic 4E: Create a Master Project Plan