This course is designed for individuals who will use Microsoft Office Project Professional 2003 as a tool to assist them in managing projects. The topics in this course cover the critical skills necessary to create and modify a project plan file that contains tasks, resources, and resource assignments.
You will create a project plan file containing tasks, organize these tasks in a work breakdown structure containing task relationships, create and assign resources, and finalize the project to implement the project plan.
< Click here to go directly to Course Outline Details
Next available Non-Residential courses:-
This course is designed for a person who has an understanding of project management concepts, who is responsible for creating and modifying project plans, and who needs a tool to manage those project plans.
* Students enrolling in this class should have the following: An understanding of project management concepts. · Knowledge of a Windows operating system, either Windows 2000 : Introduction or Windows XP : Introduction.
* The following would be helpful, but are not required: A basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
* Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create a project plan file and enter task information.
- Assign project resources
- Finalize the project plan file.
* Lesson 1: Creating a Project Plan File:
- Topic 1A: Create a Project Plan File
- Topic 1B: Create and Assign a Project Calendar
- Topic 1C: Add Tasks to the Project Plan File
- Topic 1D: Add a Project Summary Task
- Topic 1E: Add a Recurring Task
- Topic 1F: Enter Task Duration Estimates
* Lesson 2: Creating a Work Breakdown Structure:
- Topic 2A: Outline Tasks
- Topic 2B: Link Dependent Tasks
- Topic 2C: Identify Deliverables in the Project Plan File
- Topic 2D: Constrain Tasks
- Topic 2E: Set a Task Deadline
* Lesson 3: Creating and Assigning Resources:
- Topic 3A: Create Resources
- Topic 3B: Create a Resource Calendar
- Topic 3C: Assign Resources
- Topic 3D: Assign Additional Resources to a Task
- Topic 3E: Resolve Resource Conflicts
* Lesson 4: Finalizing the Project Plan:
- Topic 4A: View the Critical Path
- Topic 4B: Shorten the Project Duration
- Topic 4C: Set a Baseline
- Topic 4D: Display Project Summary Information