This 5-day accredited course provides participants with a thorough grounding in PRINCE2™. It is presented by skilled lecturers with extensive experience in the practical application of PRINCE2™, the course includes examination coaching and practice using sample questions, and leads to the Foundation and Practitioners exams which are taken during the 5-day course.
< Click here to go directly to Course Outline Details
Next available Non-Residential courses:-
This course comprises of three main elements. The first provides coverage of PRINCE2™ principles: the need for structured project management, why pragmatic and intelligent use of methods is so important, and how PRINCE2™ can be employed to achieve business-related objectives. The second element considers the method itself: what PRINCE2 looks like, how the major components & processes such as planning and control work on their own as well as together, and how the roles associated with the PRINCE2™ method can be made really effective. The third element deals with the implementation of PRINCE2™ and provides sound, practical advice on introducing the method into a range of different environments, always bearing in mind the need to keep bureaucracy to a minimum.
All delegates will sit the PRINCE2™ Foundation examination (a multiple choice paper) in the late afternoon of the third day of the course. Delegates who wish to appear on the central register for qualified PRINCE2™ Practitioners may sit the PRINCE2™ Practitioner examination on the fifth day of the course. Flexibility is a key issue within the PRINCE2™ examination, therefore delegates can either take the examination on the final day of the course or at a later date when they are feeling more confident of their understanding of the method and its application. Delegates choosing to take the examination at a later date will attend the first 3 days of the course and return to attend the final 2 days, taking the PRINCE2™ examination on the second day. When making your booking please advise of your attendance preference.
This course is fully compliant with the latest version of PRINCE2™, and carries the award of 37.5 Professional Development Units (PDU's) for PMI re-certification.
On completion, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the philosophy and structure of PRINCE2™
- Understand the benefits that can accrue from the implementation of a structured project management method such as PRINCE2™
- Explain the PRINCE2™ process model and components
- Use the PRINCE2™ techniques
- Create a Project Brief
- Create a Project Organisation Structure
- Initiate a project and create a Project Initiation Document
- Appreciate the use of PRINCE2™ products and plans
- Apply progress control mechanisms
- Appreciate the principles of PRINCE2™ Quality Management
- Apply change control mechanisms
- Realise the importance of Configuration Management
- Use the PRINCE2™ Risk Management approach
- Tune PRINCE2™ for differing environments
Who should attend
The PRINCE2™ Practitioners course is intended for managers and potential PRINCE2™ practitioners who require hands-on experience of the PRINCE2™ method, techniques, processes and components. Delegates are likely to have experience of team leading, project management, project assurance/support or user management.
Delegates will be provided with pre-course reading material approximately 10 days prior to attending the course. The materials will include a suggested study guide and count down to the event. Success on the course will be enhanced by close attention to the pre-reading materials.
- PRINCE2™ Philosophy
- The Structure of PRINCE2™
- Project Start Up and Organisation
- Project Initiation and the PID
- Project Control Mechanisms
- Products and Plans
- Implementing and Tailoring PRINCE2™
- Practitioner Preparation and Application of PRINCE2™
- PRINCE2™ Foundation and Practitioner Examinations