By the end of the course, delegates will:
• Understand the importance of the contract.
• Identify contractual obligations.
• Use common legal/contractual terminology.
• Understand the importance of the contract in the procurement process.
• Understand the key areas of risk in a contract.
• Understand the key role that the contracting process plays in project success.
This highly interactive course covers the following areas:
• Course and Personal Introductions/Expectations.
• Role and Value of Contracts: Definitions, Relationships, Importance.
• People and Authority: Principals, Agents, 3rd Parties, Privity.
• Legal Concepts of Contracts: Framework, Key Components.
• Contract Construction: Essential Clauses, Misrepresentation, Breach, Damages, Statutory Controls.
• Procurement – The Contract in Context: Strategy, Options, Tendering Process, Evaluation.
• Managing Risk Through Effective Drafting: Principles, Risk, Costing Models, Supply Chains, Intellectual Property Rights.
• Controlling the Contract: Contract Management, Responsibilities, Monitoring and Control, Variations, Termination.
• Personal Action Plans, Feedback and Course Closure.
The course is designed for anyone in a project management role requiring a working knowledge of Contract Law and Contract Management.