By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
• Assess financial stability, profitability and productivity by preparing and analysing
Profit & Loss Accounts and Balance Sheets.
• Develop forecasts and monitor and control costs on projects.
• Appreciate cash flow and profit and how they are managed.
• Differentiate between types of costs and costing methods.
• State the principles of Value Management and Through Life Costing.
• Assess the economic viability and commercial profitability of projects through
This highly interactive course covers the following areas:
• Introductions and Expectations
• Legal Framework and Fundamental Principles of Accounting
• The Balance Sheet & Profit and Loss Account
• Costs and Types of Costing
• Through Life Costing
• Budgeting, Monitoring and Cost Control
• Value Management
• Financial Ratios and Investment Appraisal
This course is aimed at project managers and/or support staff that need to have a thorough grounding in financial management and the provision of financial information (reporting) on projects.