There are no official pre-requisites for this course, however, it is strongly recommended that time be allowed to become familiar with the pre-course material. Pre-course material is issued once a course has been confirmed.
· The course is a mixture of input and practical sessions covering the M_o_R®
· This course combines the Foundation Level 3 day event and the last 2 days being
focused on revision and preparation for the Practitioner exam.
· After completing the Foundation exam the Practitioner event moves onto a
revision of the method.
· Delegates are provided with a structured preparation day for the Practitioner
exam including exam tips, and sample questions with feedback.
· The Practitioner exam is based on a comprehensive case-study. This case-study
is made available to delegates as part of the pre-course reading material, and
utilised extensively on the course itself, to enable delegates to understand and
analyse it prior to the exam.
A pre-course reading pack is provided consisting of the following elements:-
Outline information on:-
· A reading guide to the OGC M_o_R® Guidance for Practitioners manual
· The Turnbull Report (A copy of the Turnbull Report will be issued on the training
· Successful IT: Modernising Government
M_o_R® Case Study:-
· TELECOM BV Company Overview
· TELECOM BV The BPR Programme
· (TBV) Personnel Chart
· Sample Exam Papers
· Management of Risk: Guidance for Practitioners 'The Manual'. The official guide
from the Office of Government Commerce (OGC).
Monday - Wednesday
09.00 - 17.30
16.00 - 16.45
09.00 - 17.30
Preparation for Practitioners exam
19.00 - 13.00
The Foundation exam is a 45 minute, 45 question multiple choice paper. Delegates require 23 marks or more to pass.
The Practitioner exam comprises 2 sections; A and B. Section A consists of one question which is worth 50 marks. Section B consists of 4 questions each worth 25 marks. Delegates must answer 2 questions from this section. Delegates must pass both parts of the paper (A and B) at the same sitting of the M_o_R® Practitioner exam. You will need 50% averaged over the two sections to pass the exam.
A residential option is available. Please ask for details and prices.