This course is designed for Project Managers who have already passed the PRINCE2™ practitioners qualification and covers the elements of the Certificate in Project Management syllabus issued by the Information Systems Examination Board.
This is a practical course, with much of the learning achieved through individual and syndicate case work. The case studies cover many aspects of project management, including project justification, estimating, planning, resourcing, progress control, earned value analysis, quality control, team skills management and conflict management.
< Click here to go directly to Course Outline Details
Next available Non-Residential courses:-
Who will the course benefit?
Project Managers, project leaders, team managers and other staff with responsibilities for information system projects who are qualified PRINCE2™ Practitioners and who wish to take the ISEB examination.
To enable those directly involved in managing information systems projects to focus on the skills and processes which will increase their chance of success in project management. To prepare delegates for both the written and oral ISEB exams.
This course will enable delegates to:
- Understand and apply the steps needed to initiate a project successfully.
- Specify the project organization and define the key roles and responsibilities.
- Prepare the project business case and justification.
- Conduct Risk Management.
- Prepare plans for a project and stages using appropriate techniques.
- Conduct Quality Reviews.
- Implement configuration management for an organization.
- Identify, organize, motivate and schedule staff to meet project objectives.
- Apply project management techniques in a traditional and Rapid Application Development Environment.
Delegates must have completed a PRINCE2™ Practitioner Course of at least 5 days duration.
- Introduction to Project Management
- Business and Project Strategy
- Project Justification
- Outline Planning
- Detailed Planning
- Quality Control
- Progress Control
- Earned Value Analysis
- Managing Project Teams
- Communication Skills
- Supplier Management
- Conflict Management
- Team Skills Management
- Ethical and Legal Considerations
- The Post Implementation Review
- The ISEB Examinations
This course helps to prepare delegates for the ISEB Certificate in Project Management examinations. These consist of a 3-hour written exam paper (CPMX) and an oral examination (usually lasting about 45 minutes) to be taken by arrangement with the ISEB.
written and oral exams.
Delegates wishing to take the ISEB written examination should book for the date required . Delegates may also wish to benefit by booking a revision day held the day before the written exam. This provides an intensive revision of the syllabus and hints on examination technique.