This programme provides a clear understanding of the sources of business risk and a variety of strategies for identifying and managing it. Looking at risk from different perspectives, participants will be able to analyse ways of managing each situation. Case studies are used to illustrate real risk situations.
Performance Based Objectives
• Understand the importance of managing business risks
• Use an effective business risk management process
• Identify sources of business risk
• How to manage risk and incorporate it into your planning process
• Risk management and the link to crisis management
• How to categorise risks and create contingency plans
Programme Developed For:
Managers with operational and strategic responsibility and those involved in planning and implementing key projects within an organisation.
Introduction & Objectives
What is business risk?
• Why risk is an important concern to managers
• The impact of risk on organisations
• Why manage business risk?
The risk management process
• The key steps in effective risk management
• The difference between mitigation and contingency
• Risk in business decision making
Identifying business risk
• Using creativity
• Sources of risk data
• PESTLE analysis
• Practical exercise – identifying business risks
• Creating a risk management framework
• Clarification of risks
• Generating alternative actions
• How psychological, personal and ethical issues impact risk management
Risk and Crisis Management
• Crisis avoidance and management
• Defining crises
• Crisis fighting in companies
• Risk and strategy analysis