This advanced course will enable attendees to effectively utilise advanced features within Microsoft Project
- Fixed work, fixed duration and fixed units scheduling
- Multiple project management, cost analysis and customisation.
- Integrating Microsoft Project with other Office applications.
< Click here to go directly to Course Outline Details
Next available Non-Residential courses:-
The level 2 course enables users to customize Project to meet particular needs of the business and takes users through the more advanced features.
The Level 2 course is designed for users who are already proficient in the basic features of Project 2002 and now wish to learn the more advanced features of the product. This two-day course will enable the user to customize Project to meet particular needs of the business and to add more complex functionality to their Project plans.
Who will the course benefit?
Anyone with a need to use Project 2002 for more complex and sophisticated tasks. Delegates will be shown how to integrate with Office applications and customize the Project to meet the business needs.
On completion of the course, delegates will be able to effectively utilise advanced features within Project 2002. These include fixed work, fixed duration and fixed units scheduling, multiple project management, cost analysis and customisation. Delegates will be able to integrate Project 2002 with other Office applications.
This course will enable delegates to:
- Resolve over-allocations using resource levelling and duration types.
- Manage multiple projects.
- Record and run simple macros.
- Integrate MS Project with other Office applications.
- Import and Export data to/from MS Project.
- Customise the MS Project interface.
Delegates should have attended a Level 1 or FastPath course or have the equivalent knowledge.
- Revision of introductory topics.
- Using the Project Guide
- Advanced techniques for resolving over-allocations including re-scheduling tasks, resource levelling and Fixed Duration, Fixed Units and Fixed Work scheduling.
- Working with Task calendars.
- Multi-project management.
- Integration with other Office applications.
- Importing/exporting data.
- Customisation of the Project 2002 interface including calculated fields.