Programme Management provides the framework for implementing business strategies and initiatives, or large-scale change, where there is a “vision” of the programme's outcome - a transformed organisation for example. Programme Management helps to organise, manage, accommodate and control these changes so that the eventual outcome meets the objectives set by the business strategy.
- To discuss and understand the Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) approach, building on the delegates' own experience and knowledge of large-scale change
- To discuss how MSP could be used in real life situations so that delegates can apply it to real life programme(s)
- To prepare for the Foundation, Intermediate and Practitioner exams
Who Should Attend?
The course will be of interest to any organisation or individual seeing the need for a controlled approach to managing programmes including
- Programme Managers
- Experienced Project Managers
- Senior Business Managers
The course combines study to Foundation, Intermediate and Practitioner level. As a pre-requisite to the course each delegate should have a knowledge and personal experience of large-scale organisational or societal change. The course builds on this knowledge and experience enabling, an understanding of the practical application of the framework.
The course will take each delegate through the Managing Successful Programmes approach to Programme Management, covering:
- How programmes come about
- Identifying the outline of what the programme is to deliver
- Defining in detail what the programme is to deliver and determining whether it is worthwhile
- Managing the programme including ensuring benefits realisation, effective and appropriate stakeholder management, handling issues and managing risks across the programme
- Ensuring that the programme remains worthwhile and aligned to strategic objectives
- Delivering the required outcomes to the required quality
- Programme reviews and audit
Throughout the course there are many practical sessions, delivered by an APM Group approved trainer with practical experience of programme and project management. These sessions will be on an individual and team basis focusing on the Intermediate and Practitioner Examination on the final day.
There will be evening work to support the learning from the course lasting around 2.5 hours each evening.
This course lasts 5 Days with the Foundation exam taken on the afternoon of the 4th day. The Foundation exam is a 40-minute, multiple choice, close book examination. The Intermediate and Practitioner exams are taken on the morning of the 5th day and are both 1.5 hours.