This new two-day APM Introductory Certificate in Project Management is a qualification that is designed for those embarking on a project management career or individuals who require recognition for their general project management knowledge and awareness.
< Click here to go directly to Course Outline Details
Next available Non-Residential courses:-
Who will benefit:
It is suitable for all levels of staff who are relatively new to work package/project management or others who require an insight into project management.
Delegates will be able to:
- Define a project, project management and success factors
- Define different roles in a project
- Describe the content and purpose of a business case
- Define the reasons for managing with life cycles
- Define pupose, benefits and content of a PMP
- Describe break down structures used on projects
- Describe the different estimation methods
- Describe the risk management process
- Understand the difference between quality planning, assurance and control
- Define the characteristics of a typical project team
- Describe the purpose and content of the post project review
- Project Management Overview
- Project Organisation
- Business Case
- Project Strategy
- Risk Management
- Quality Management
- Change Control
- Procurement and Legal
- Project Team Working
- Project Closure and Review
The course is highly participative using discussions, exercises, case studies and reviews.
At the end of day 2, candidates will take a 60 question multiple choice exam paper in one hour.