This workshop introduces delegates to the links between generic Project Management at a fundamental level and the processes, components and techniques of PRINCE2™.
The implications of using PRINCE2™ pragmatically are explored to enable delegates to assess how they may blend PRINCE2™ into their organisations to successfully manage and control projects and leads to the PRINCE2™ Foundation examination
The examination fees and PRINCE2™ manual are included in the course fee
< Click here to go directly to Course Outline Details
Next available Non-Residential courses:-
Who will Benefit ?
Project Sponsors, Project Managers, Team Leaders, people working towards or within a PRINCE2™ project environment and those working on the periphery of PRINCE2™ projects will benefit from attending this workshop
All delegates must have a good understanding of the basic principles of project management.
Attendance on this workshop will enable delegates to:
- Understand the basic concepts, components, processes, products and techniques of PRINCE2™;
- Comprehend the practical application issues of using and tailoring aspects of the PRINCE2™ method;
- Assess the implications and benefits of introducing PRINCE2™.
- Develop skills to the level that enables success in the PRINCE2™ Foundation examination.
The course will be delivered using a mixture of trainer-led discussion using slides and sample exam questions as a vehicle for confirming understanding of the fundamental elements of the PRINCE2™ method. The slides and discussion will be supplemented by exercises to consolidate the knowledge gained.
Delegates sit the PRINCE2™ Foundation exam at the end of the course. Delegates are provided with a copy of the PRINCE2™ manual.
Delegates are required to complete the pre-course questionnaire provided, to ensure familiarity with the PRINCE2™ Manual prior to attending the course. Pre-course study may take up to 6 hours. There will also be daily homework.
- Basic Concepts of PRINCE2™
- The Processes, Components and Techniques of PRINCE2™
- Controlled start, progress, and closure of projects
- The Business Case
- Project Organisation Structure
- PRINCE2™ controls
- Management of Risk
- Quality in a Project Environment
- Configuration Management
- Change Control Approach
- Product Based Planning
- Comprehensive walkthrough of the major PRINCE2™ processes and products when running a project
- Preparation for and completion of the PRINCE2™ Foundation Examination
PRINCE2™ is a Trade Mark of the Office of Government Commerce