PRINCE2™ is a structured project management method used extensively throughout the public sector in the UK. It is also widely recognised and used commercially in the UK and abroad. The method can be applied to all kinds of project including information systems projects.
The course will enable delegates to:
• Describe the main PRINCE2™ components, processes and techniques
• Recognise and use key PRINCE2™ terminology
• Apply the main PRINCE2™ components, processes and techniques
• Produce the key PRINCE2™ management products
• Prepare project plans using the product-based planning technique
• Undertake project risk analysis and management
• Apply the PRINCE2™ processes used to manage quality, product development and change control
• Tailor PRINCE2™ to a specific business environment
• Prepare for and take the PRINCE2™ Foundation and Practitioner Examinations administered by the APMG
Delegates are not required to carry out any significant pre-course preparation as our blend of learning methods provides comprehensive preparation for the examinations which are taken during the course. There is an 8 page document to read prior to starting the course which should take about 45 minutes to study. However, the course is intensive and delegates are advised to undertake some revision work in the evenings.
Benchmark PRINCE2™ courses are far more than just exam crammers and their trainers go out of their way to make sure that delegates are able to use PRINCE2™ in the real world.
At the same time, they offer an unlimited, money back guarantee of success in the Foundation exam. In addition, Benchmark support all of their Practitioner Certificate candidates until they pass the Practitioner exam through an on-line consultancy service and by offering fee-free, follow-up places on any of their PRINCE2™ courses and workshops.
MODULE 1 (3 Days)
Introduction to Projects and Project Management
Elements of PRINCE2™:
• The PRINCE2™ Processes
• The PRINCE2™ Components
• PRINCE2™ Management Products
Case Study (Part1):
A realistic case study scenario is used throughout the course to allow delegates to consolidate their knowledge of PRINCE2™ through hands-on, syndicate work:
• Designing a Project Management Team
• Preparing a Project Brief
• Analysing Risk
• Identifying Quality Criteria
The PRINCE2™ Foundation Certificate Examination
MODULE 2 (2 Days)
Review of the PRINCE2™ Method
Case Study (Part 2):
• Setting Up Project Controls
• Product Based Planning
• Authorising a Work Package
• Examining Project Issues
• Closing a Project
PRINCE2™ Practitioner Examination Techniques
Extensive use is made of past examination papers to prepare delegates for the Practitioner examination.
The PRINCE2™ Practitioner Certificate Examination
Anyone filling a significant role in a PRINCE2™ project including project managers, team leaders, project assurance and project support staff. The course provides comprehensive preparation for the PRINCE2™ Foundation and Practitioner examinations administered by the Association of Project Managers Group (APMG).
PRINCE2™ is a Trade Mark of the Office of Government Commerce