This one-day instructor-led intensive workshop consists of formal lecturing, discussions and exercises.
The exercises are specifically designed to challenge technicians to question their focus, encouraging them to use their technical skills for the benefit of the customer.
On completion, participants will understand the importance of their supporting role in delivering quality services to their customers.
The workshop will overview, from the technicians perspective, ITIL and Service Management, describing its components and the benefits that an organisation can achieve from its implementation.
The workshop will identify the impact technicians can have on the quality of service delivered to customers and on the achievement of the levels of service agreed with customers in SLAs.
This interactive one-day workshop is designed for people who work primarily in a technical role supporting IT services.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Define the role of a technician in a service and customer focused organisation.
- Appreciate why technical expertise has to be complemented by other skills in order to provide customer satisfaction.
- Understand why technicians need to be actively involved in Service Management.
- Interpret the ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) and relate the ITIL framework approach to day to day Service Management.
- Appreciate the ITIL processes that support technicians in their work.
- Understand why SLAs are important and why technicians need to be aware of them.
Justify ITIL as the framework for effective Service Management.
Understanding what a technician does, and why
Introduction to Service Management
- Whats it all about?
- Pressures in the workplace
- Why use Service Management and why have a framework
- Customer focus
How ITIL fits into a typical IT department
Overview of the 11 ITIL disciplines
- Service Desk
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Configuration Management
- Change Management
- Release Management
- Capacity Management
- Financial Management for IT services
- Availability Management
- Service Level Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
concentrating on the disciplines that affect technicians most.
Living with ITIL
- Key principles
- Benefits & problems
- Success ingredients