This programme is designed for people interested in Project Management who have already completed a basic project management course.
The programme provides an overview of the leadership, people and human resource aspects of project management.
< Click here to go directly to Course Outline Details
Next available Non-Residential courses:-
||Manchester - Portland St, Manchester
||8th May 06
||[Enquire] [Book] [Venue Information]
After completion, this programme will enable your organisation to:
- Appreciate the importance that people skills plays in building and leading successful project teams.
- Be aware of the people and human resource aspects of managing a project.
- Negotiate successfully with your projects stakeholders.
After completion, this programme will enable the delegate to:
- Illustrate different methods of communicating.
- Describe methods of ensuring that meetings are correctly conducted.
- Identify the needs of teams and recognise different types of team organisation.
- Understand the different social roles needed in teams.
- Define the qualities needed for leadership and understand how to build and motivate a team.
- Identify conflict and where it may be found in projects.
- Describe the strategies for dealing with conflict and demonstrate their use.
- Show awareness of the causes and the reasons for conflict.
- Demonstrate knowledge of negotiation techniques.
- Describe negotiation with different management elements around a project.
- Discuss the relevant Health and Safety standards as applicable to project management.
Project Methods of communication.
Barriers to communication.
The communication process.
Team Development (Tuckman).
Team Roles (Belbin).
Leadership aspects of the Project Manager.
Influence, motivation and reward (Hertzberg & Maslow).
Setting goals and objectives.
The nature of conflict.
Conflict and the project lifecycle.
Avoiding and resolving conflict.
Preparation, Strategies and Tactics.
Health & Safety.