IT Service Departments need to establish a professional best practice culture. The education process for this started at the top of the organisation as is quite normal. It is necessary to establish the framework with senior management to gain their commitment to the process.
This course is designed to present the concepts to management so that they may best assess how these disciplines can benefit their organisations.
< Click here to go directly to Course Outline Details
This course introduces the principles for the effective delivery of IT services by addressing the following key areas from the operational standpoint:
- The Service Desk
- Purpose and role of the Help Desk -options and procedures.
- Elements of Problem and Change Management
- Roles and responsibilities. Formal procedures.
- Elements. Roles and responsibilities. Formal procedures.
- Use of the Configuration Management Database.
Service Level Management
- The need for SLAs - benefits and difficulties, structure and objectives.
IT Service Continuity Management
- The need for and options of Continuity Planning.
- Risk Analysis and Management.
- Continuity Plan.
- Availability Management principles
- Terminology - defined and discussed.
Financial Management for IT Services
- Objectives of costing and charging
- Methods and mechanisms
- Costing and charging activities
- Negotiation of charging policies.
- Elements of Capacity Planning.
- Performance management overview
- Role of the Capacity Database (CDB).
- Benefits and problems of Capacity Planning.
- Use of the Definitive Software Library.
- Release strategies defined.
- Planning for the implementation of Service Management.
There are no formal pre-requisites for this course other than a general level of IT literacy. A background in IT or experience gained in the liaison between IT and the business itself would be useful.
For the Corporate Ov
erview this one day course is aimed specifically at the Key personnel involved in deciding whether to implement ITIL or not as well as help in assessing its suitability to the specific client.
The trainer clearly showed the depth of his knowledge in this complex area
A thorough course which mixed well practical and theoretical elements of the subjects covered.