The Turnbull Report has made clear the need for effective management of the risks faced by companies, in order that directors can show that a sound system of control is being implemented.
The report, and the resulting Combined Code on Corporate Governance, has contributed to the development of guidance on the Management of Risk by the Office of Government Commerce (OGC). This guidance, and the associated examinations and qualifications, are intended to raise awareness of the need for effective management of risk throughout the organisation.
This course conforms to the OGC Examination syllabus, and is aimed at all managers involved with the management of risk and is suitable for those wishing to gain foundation certification.
Who will Benefit ?
The course will be of benefit to all levels of management including:
- Corporate Managers - responsible for corporate governance and the organisations overall exposure to risk
- Programme Managers - responsible for risk relating to specific programmes
- Project Managers - responsible for managing risk in projects
- Operational Managers - responsible for risk that effect the on-going continuity of business services
- All other personnel who have an interest or responsibility for the management of risk within their organisation
This is a three day course offering the M_o_R Foundation examination.
This course follows the syllabus set down by the OGC in order to prepare delegates to pass the M_o_R Foundation Paper.
Mindscope is an Accredited Training Organisation and this course is accredited by the APM Group.
Delegates should have an understanding of risk but a knowledge of M_o_R is not required.