If you have worked in project management roles for up to two years, or have recently taken on project management responsibilities as part of your job, APMP is the qualification that will enable you to demonstrate your fundamental knowledge of what is required to manage a successful project.
APMP (IPMA Level D) is a knowledge based foundation level qualification enabling you to participate in projects ranging from individual assignments to large capital projects. APMP is the benchmark qualification for anyone embarking on a project management career, or looking to add project management to their portfolio of skills.
< Click here to go directly to Course Outline Details
Next available Non-Residential courses:-
||Aberdeen - Edison Venue,
||20th Jun 05
||[Enquire] [Book] [Joining Info]
Anyone with up to two years project management experience, including:
- Project Office Personnel
- Team Members
- Recently appointed Project Officers
- Individuals who currently work as part of a project team and have had little or no project management training who would like to understand standard project management terminology and who wish to undertake an intensive course to pass the APM Professional Examination.
What will you gain ?
The APMP qualification allows candidates to demonstrate excellent knowledge of all elements of project management in order to assist in the management of projects.
Candidates awarded this Level D IPMA qualification will be able to demonstrate an understanding of how all the elements of the project process interact. They will also understand how their project fits into the strategic and commercial environment they are working in.
You will be expected to take two exam papers:
Paper One: A multiple-choice paper which must be completed in one hour.
Paper Two: A two part written essay based examination paper.
What is assessed ?
The APMP assesses the candidate's breadth of knowledge in all areas of project management from the strategic and commercial implications of their role, to the technical, commercial, organisational and people management skills required to successfully participate in a project team.
Key Learning Points:
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the phases of a project and the roles of a project manager.
- Understand the contribution of improved project planning and control to the project management performance of a company.
- Understand the project estimating and risk analysis aspects of project management and improve their own contribution to the project team performance.
- Understand the factors that can influence the success or failure of a project.
- Specify, estimate and integrate the resource requirements within the programme and schedules on the project.
- Identify the means of providing the resources to implement the project.
- Identify and assess major and minor risk factors that can affect the achievement of objectives for the project.
- Recognise and interpret the agreed objectives for the project.
- Specify and understand the implementation process for systematically monitoring and controlling the identified risks.
- Commence preparation of portfolio evidence and collection of competence.
- Prepare for the APMs Professional Examination.
What's Included ?
The course fee includes APM Fees, lunches, teas/coffees, full course materials, half day preparation session and APMP Exam