Who will benefit ?
The APM Introductory Certificate is designed for anyone, regardless of their experience or background, interested in starting on a successful career in project management or those wanting to understand the principles of project management excellence.
What will you gain?
Successful candidates will be able to understand the language of project management, and the structure of a successful project. They will be able to take an active part in a project team and make a positive contribution to any project environment.
Candidates will take one 60 question multiple choice exam paper in one hour.
What is assessed?
The Introductory Certificate in Project Management will cover the principles of Project Management techniques including Planning and Scheduling, Communications, Quality Management, Teamwork, Resource Management, Risk Management, Handover, and Review.
Individuals who currently work as part of a project team and have had little or no project management training who would like to understand standard project management terminology and who wish to obtain the APM Introductory Certificate.
Key Learning Points:
At the end of the course candidates will be able to:
- Understand the context of the project
- Recognise the purpose and ownership of project definition documents
- Understand breakdown structures
- Be aware of critical path analysis and how bar charts are derived
- Appreciate the main element of risk analysis
- Understand project control requirements
- Recognise basic change management techniques
- Appreciate the need to manage project stakeholders
- Understand the need for post project review
- Be aware of the characteristics of a project team and its development
What's Included ?
The course fee includes APM Fees, lunches, teas/coffees, full course materials and Introductory Certificate Exam.