PRINCE 2™ Foundation
An Introduction to PRINCE 2
Prince 2 is the world’s leading project management method - using logical and organised stages, defined steps and clearly identified roles, responsibilities and relationships to deliver tangible benefits.
More than 4,000 people experience Prince 2 courses and Prince2 training every month, confident in the knowledge that the methodology encourages a best practice approach to running projects in a consistent framework.
In fact, since its introduction in 1989, Prince 2 has become the de facto standard for project management in both the public and private sectors.
Prince 2 training courses are widely available in the UK with two qualifications – Prince 2 Foundation and Prince 2 Practitioner - and the only pre-requisite candidates require to undertake Prince 2 training is a general background knowledge and experience of project management.
Thousands of UK professionals have successfully used Prince 2 courses to create a standard and structured approach to their project management, running projects which are well-organised, well-planned and results-driven.
And, because Prince 2 is an easily-tailored solution which can be used in any environment and divides projects into manageable stages, it ensures the efficient control and use of resources and regular process monitoring.
When used effectively, Prince 2 training ensures that successful projects have:
• A planned, organised and controlled start, middle and end
• Regular reviews of progress against the plan and the business case
• Flexible decision points
• Automatic management control of deviations from the plan
• Stakeholder and management involvement at the right time and place
• Excellent communication channels between the project, project management and the rest of the organisation
Prince 2 Foundation Level Qualification
The Prince 2 Foundation examination is the first of the two Prince 2 exams and is designed to measure whether a candidate understands the principles and terminology of the Prince 2 methodology.
The Prince 2 Foundation Course will equip the candidate with the ability to:
• Describe the purpose and major content of all roles, components, the eight processes and sub-processes, and techniques;
• State the inputs to, and outputs from, the eight processes;
• State the main purpose and key contents of the major management products;
• State the relationships between processes, deliverables, roles and management of a project.
The Prince 2 Foundation qualification takes the format of a one-hour multiple-choice exam featuring 75 questions – of which 38 correct answers are required to achieve a pass result.
Prince2 Study Options
There are a number of Prince2 training options open to candidates, with courses available at 50 locations across the UK.
PRINCE2™ is a Trade Mark of the Office of Government Commerce.