PRINCE 2 Foundation Certificate - Typical Course Outline
Projects bring together resources, skills, technology and ideas to deliver business benefits or to achieve business objectives. Good project management helps to ensure that these benefits and objectives are delivered to an appropriate level of quality and within the constraints of time and cost. It is also an essential element in managing the risks inherent in change and innovation. PRINCE2 is a comprehensive, structured project management method used extensively by the UK government. It is also widely recognised and used by the private sector, both in the UK and internationally. The method can be applied to all kinds of projects including information systems projects.
The aim of the course is to provide delegates with a comprehensive introduction to PRINCE2 and to prepare for the PRINCE2 Foundation Certificate examination administered by the Association of Project Managers Group (APMG). The course fee includes a copy of the 2002 edition of the PRINCE2 manual and examination fees.
This course is designed for junior project managers or staff employed in team manager, project support and project assurance roles in a PRINCE2 environment. The course is also suitable for experienced project mangers who require a comprehensive introduction to the PRINCE2 method.
Delegates are advised to undertake some revision work in the evenings to prepare for the PRINCE2 Foundation examination that is taken on the third day of the course.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Recognise the factors which enable successful projects
- Describe the main PRINCE2 components, processes and techniques
- Describe the key PRINCE2 management products
- Recognise and use the main PRINCE2 terminology
- Apply the PRINCE2 processes used in controlling the progress of a project
- Apply the PRINCE2 product-based planning technique
- Prepare for and take the PRINCE2 Foundation Certificate Examination
- Projects and project management
- Benefits of a structured approach
- Overview of PRINCE2
- The PRINCE2 process model
- PRINCE2 management products
- Developing a business case
- Project organisation & project management team roles
- Project assurance and support
- Plans and the product-based planning technique
- Controls, including Work Packages and Checkpoint reports
- Management of risk
- Quality in a project environment
- Change control and configuration management
- Project document management
- The PRINCE2 Foundation Certificate Examination