To give delegates an in depth knowledge of the use and techniques of the M_o_R risk management method, as laid out in OGCs guide Management of Risk; Guidance for Practitioners.
This course will introduce attendees to a structured and consistent approach to managing all an organisations risks.
The course material is based around the OGC(Office of Government Commerce) manual: Management of Risk (M_o_R) Guidance for Practitioners.
There will be a series of exercises based on the case study that also forms the background to the Practitioners examination.
This is an opportunity to benefit from the OGCs recommended approach for managing risks. This approach is pragmatic and will prepare delegates to fully prepare an organisation to control risk across strategic, operational, and programme and project areas.
Who will benefit?
People involved in the management of risk at all levels
- Programme Managers and Senior Project Managers
- Those seeking recognised training in Risk Management policies and methods
- Those wanting the only nationally recognised Risk Management qualification which is not industry or project specific
There are no formal pre-requisites, but it is likely that attendees will have considerable management experience, probably in a programme or project environment.
Delegates will learn to:
- Understand the benefits of Management of Risk (M_o_R) and how it can be introduced into new and mature organisations
- Know when to use risk management
- Understand the principles and processes of Management of Risk (M_o_R).
- Equip themselves to manage all aspects of an organisations risk across strategic, operational, and programme and project areas
JIm Bates is a recognised expert in the field of management of risk and is an experienced trainer of programme and project management courses.