The event covers the principles, procedures and terminology of the accepted methods of bid and proposal management. The course prepares delegates for the Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) Foundation exam (included in the course) which is designed to test the delegate’s knowledge of bids and proposals development. Successful completion of the exam is intended to prove that the delegate can act as an informed member of a bid team, using appropriate methods.
The course fee includes pre-course reading, M_o_R® manual and Foundation Exam (taken on Day 3)
< Click here to go directly to Course Outline Details
Next available Non-Residential courses:-
Management of risk is critical to organisational success. Informed risk-taking helps to improve performance through innovative approaches for managing the business, service delivery and value for money. Following the Turnbull report organisations are now busy working on risk management frameworks and internal control statements to embed risk management in their management processes.
Who will the course benefit?
Corporate Managers who are responsible for corporate governance and the organisation’s overall exposure to risk. Programme Managers and Project Managers responsible for risk relating to specific programmes and for managing risk in projects. Operational Managers responsible for risk that effect the on-going continuity of business services.
To provide delegates with a complete and practical understanding of the Management of Risk Guidance for Practitioners. To prepare delegates for the Foundation Certificate in Management of Risk Examination.
This course will enable delegates to:
- Understand the key principles underpinning the effective management of risk.
- Apply the main components of the risk management process.
- Appreciate how to manage risks at the Strategic, Programme, Project and Operational level.
- Utilise a range of techniques that can be used to support the management of risk process.
Whist there are no formal prerequisites delegates should have had exposure to a risk management environment as a Senior Manager, Project/Programme Manager or Operations Manager.
The course covers the 8 Syllabus Areas as follows:
- Overview of Corporate Governance and management of risk.
- The management of risk process life cycle.
- Making it Work and Getting it Right.
- Frameworks, Tools and Techniques.
- Budgets, Finance and Management of Risk.
- Communicating and Training for Risk, Risk Awareness and Management of Risk.
- Management, Measurement, Control and Reporting.
- Support function for the management of risk within a Programme and/or Project.
The course has been designed to prepare delegates for and comply with the requirements in the syllabus for the Foundation Certificate Examination in Management of Risk, published by the OGC and the Association for Project Management Group Ltd (APM Group Ltd).
A copy of OGC's Management of Risk: Guidance for Practitioners manual published by The Stationery Office will be provided to all delegates.