This course is designed for project team members with little or no project management experience who wish to understand accepted project management fundamentals and obtain the APM Introductory Certificate.
< Click here to go directly to Course Outline Details
Next available Non-Residential courses:-
This course follows the set syllabus and addresses:
- project definition
- people management.
An experienced practitioner delivers the course in an interesting and enjoyable manner. Practical exercises are included as is preparation for the one-hour multiple-choice examination held at the end of the course.
There are no prerequisites for this course, although a fundamental awareness of the concept of a project is desirable.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
• Understand the context of a project
• Recognise the content and ownership of project definition documentation
• Understand the various breakdown structures
• Be aware of critical path analysis and Gantt chart techniques
• Appreciate the main elements of risk & quality management
• Understand the ways in which a project is controlled
• Apply basic change control techniques
• Understand the context of post-project reviews