Combined Prince2 Foundation & Practitioner Certificate - Typical Course Outline
This accredited course is designed to enable delegates to apply PRINCE2 to the running and managing of a project within an environment supporting PRINCE2.
It is approved by the Association of Project Management Group and leads to the 1-hour multiple choice Foundation and 3-hour Practitioner exams
Course fee includes pre-course reading, official Prince2 reference manual, Foundation and Practitioner examination and registration fees
Who will benefit:
Project staff wishing to demonstrate a recognised level of competence in Project Management or is required to play a role in a project conducted in accordance with the PRINCE2 method.
This course will enable delegates to:-
- Describe the purpose and major content of all roles, the eight components, the eight processes, and the techniques.
- State which management products are input to, output from, and updated in the eight processes, and the sub-processes of Controlling a Stage (CS) and Managing Product Delivery (MP).
- State the main purpose, and key contents, of the major management products as identified in the detailed syllabus.
- State the relationships between processes, deliverables, roles and the management dimensions of a project.
- Produce detailed explanations of all processes, components and techniques, and worked examples of all PRINCE2 products as they might be applied to address the particular circumstances of a given project
- Demonstrate that they understand the relationships between processes, components, techniques and PRINCE2 products and can apply this understanding.
- Demonstrate that they understand the reasons behind the processes, components and techniques of PRINCE2, and that they understand the principles underpinning these elements.
- Demonstrate their ability to tune PRINCE2 to different project circumstances.
- Overview and principals
- Business Case
- Change Control
- Management of Risk
- Quality in a project environment
- Plans & processes
- Configuration management
- Product-based planning
- Quality review
Delegates should have had exposure to a project environment as a Senior Manager, Project Manager, Project/Team Leader or end-user.
The course is designed to be interactive, with opportunities for discussion. The course devotes time for group-based case studies and exercises. All delegates are provided with a copy of the PRINCE2 manual and a self-study pack for review prior to the workshop. It will be required of delegates to do evening work during the week that the course is taking place. The number of delegates on each course is limited to ensure the highest quality and level of delegate participation.
Delegates will undertake the Foundation course on Monday to Wednesday and show that they can apply PRINCE2 to address the needs and problems of a specific project scenario.
The Foundation qualification (one hour multiple choice) is designed to provide delegates with an in-depth understanding of the principles and terminology of PRINCE2 to act as an informed member of a project management team on a project using the PRINCE2 method, within an environment supporting PRINCE2. The fourth day is used as a mentoring revision and review session with the Practitioner examination (3-hour open book) taking place on the Friday morning.
Pre-course reading is required and a pre-course reading pack is supplied, usually including the OGC Prince2 manual - The duration of the pre-course reading will take from 2 - 15 hours depending on the policy of the specific training provider.
Course Fee includes
Examinations, registration and lunch costs