This three-day programme provides a comprehensive overview of PRINCE2™ and prepares participants to take the Foundation Level examination. Participants attend the same first three days of the Practitioner programme and study alongside them.
Participants will be provided with a copy of the PRINCE2™ Manual and a pre-programme study pack prior to attending days 1 to 3 and will be expected to complete at least eight hours of directed self study using these. In addition, up to two hours of self-study on the evening of the first and second day will be required (prior knowledge and experience of PRINCE2™ may lessen this time).
After a break of approximately one week for self-study, participants return for a morning to take the Foundation Examination in which most participants are able to score at least 80%. Participants will be studying alongside those preparing to take the PRINCE2™ Practitioner examination and may change to this extended programme by contacting us.
Formal presentation is blended with group and individual practical exercises to reinforce learning and enable participants to benefit from others’ experience whilst preparing for the examinations. There will also be time for discussion and clarification of any issues.
The programme includes a copy of the PRINCE2™ Manual, slides, accompanying notes, pre-course study pack, Practitioner exam preparation pack and entry to the Foundation examination.
Performance Based Objectives:
• Recognise, understand and adopt the proven good project management practice embodied in PRINCE2™
• Gain the best possible preparation for taking the Foundation examination
• Understand how the PRINCE2™ process model fits together
• Understand the context and main function of each process
• Understand the main ideas underlying each component
• Understand the uses of each component
• Understand the techniques described in PRINCE2™
Programme Developed For:
Anyone involved in project work needing a good understanding of PRINCE2™ up to the standard of the PRINCE2™ Practitioner examination, and who may wish to take the Registered PRINCE2™ Practitioner qualification at a later stage and in particular, new and existing Project Managers working in a PRINCE2™ environment.
Introduction & Objectives
• Business and Projects
• Project Management
• Overview of PRINCE2™ Processes & Components
• Project Start-Up
• Organisation Component
• Business Case Component
• Project Scenarios
• Product-Based Planning
• Plans Component
• The Planning Process
• Management of Risk Component
• Initiating a Project
• Configuration Management Component
• Controls Component
• Controlling a Stage, Managing Product Delivery and Managing Stage Boundaries
• Change Control
• Quality in a Project Environment
• Closing a Project
• Benefits of PRINCE2™
• Foundation and Practitioner Examinations
Some experience of working in a project management environment, or at least a good understanding of the principles and uses of project management. Prior knowledge of PRINCE2™ may be helpful, but is not essential.
A pre-course programme pack requires 10-12 hours of study.