Programme Will Benefit:
This programme is designed for individuals who are experienced in project management. People involved in project support or assurance roles, team managers and project board members or team members aspiring to a more senior role would all find the programme applicable.
After completion, this programme will enable your organisation to:
- Make use of a widely recognised and practiced project management method that is: repeatable - enabling learning through experience, teachable - enabling learning through training, and built on years of experience.
- Take advantage of a project management method that uses the concept of management by exception, allowing senior management involvement, as and when needed.
- Operate with good communication channels between the project and the rest of the organisation.
- Regularly review the progress against the plan with automatic management control of deviation.
- Frequently review the business case to confirm continuing project viability.
After completion, this programme will enable the delegate to:
- Understand a tried and trusted project management method.
- Feel prepared for the PRINCE2™ Foundation and Practitioner examinations.
There are approximately 10-15 hours of pre-course study.
- Controlled start, progress, and closure of projects
- The business case.
- PRINCE2™ controls.
- Management of risk.
- Project quality.
- Configuration management.
- Change control.
- Product based planning.
- Examination preparation.
- PRINCE2™ Foundation and Practitioner examinations.
Maximum of 10 delegates.
“Good course, very intense. Enjoyable group participation.”“Excellent Tutor, will recommend the course to colleagues.”
This intensive course offers training and both Foundation and Practitioner examination
Consequently, those contemplating this version should be experienced Project Managers, confident of their knowledge and their ability to assimilate and apply a new Methodology to their own experience and practices in a very short space of time.
The course schedule is roughly as above, with the Foundation exam on the Wednesday, followed by exam preparation on the Thursday, culminating in the Practitioner exam on the Friday.
The Foundation exam results will be available on the day of the exam (Wednesday), whereas Practitioner examination papers are sent to the APMG for moderation, and results are usually available 8 – 10 weeks after sitting the exam. Any candidate who unfortunately does not pass the exam will be offered feedback via the PRINCE2™ trainer on an individual basis. Under Remarc’s T&Cs, all such candidates will be offered support and necessary training up to a re-sit, for which the only charge will be the standard Practitioner examination fee of £120 +vat.
PRINCE2™ is a Trade Mark of the Office of Government Commerce